This is an extra exciting post for me to write because I am introducing one of our new AP team members! This season we hired on two incredibly creative, smart and talented ladies to intern at our studio through the summer. We had so many applicants, it was really difficult to choose just two, but Caitlyn and Marci ended up being perfect fits into our Aerialist Press puzzle.
I will be sharing a little bit about each of them so you can get to know our team a little better. Today, we are staring with Caitlyn! Caitlyn will be focusing primarily on the design and styling aspects of what we do here. We had her create the below style board to give you a visual idea of who she is and what she loves.
We also asked her a few questions to get to know her a little better:
- What do you study in school? I’m studying art history!
- Where do you hail from? Originally from San Luis Obispo, CA but lived in Atlanta, GA for 6 years
- What is your favorite typeface? Fav typeface is Market Deco, because it reminds me of the 1920s
- What is your lucky number? Lucky number is 3
- What is your favorite Bay Area eatery? Fav restaurant is Sideboard in Danville, CA
- What are you reading at the moment? Re-reading a favorite, Pride and Prejudice
- What is your favorite blog? Fav blog is Anne Street Studio, by photographer Jamie Beck
- What are your words to live by? There is always time for coffee.
- If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go and what would you do? If I could travel anywhere tomorrow, I would visit Paris and spend all day between cafes and the Louvre.
- Describe your personal style in three words: Simple, casual, classic
- Where would we find you on a Saturday afternoon? Hanging out with family enjoying a baseball game
- Where do you find inspiration? Inspiration comes from a variety of things like art, nature, fashion and architecture
- What is one thing you love about weddings? One thing I love about the weddings is the way couples make their day special by designing it to reflect their personalities – it is awesome to see couples who aren’t afraid to be creative and show attention to detail at their wedding.
- Name one thing you want to do/see/try before your next birthday. I want to see Shania Twain at Caesar’s Palace! A childhood dream!
- What is your favorite AP design? Derby (And the Watercolor Swash…)
And a little more from Caitlyn about the style board she created…
I began with this Mark Rothko painting that I absolutely love, and then pulled together more images that I thought complimented the natural, ethereal style of his work. I also have a thing for sequins, hand lettering and flowers… so those are in there too Overall I think this board shows a little bit of my personal style and taste when it comes to color, art and aesthetic. It makes me happy!
Welcome to the AP, Caitlyn! We are so over the moon to have you join us!
image credits: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11